Full course description
APPLY NOW AT www.hilleldwell.org QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
workshopSHABBAT: Campus Impact Program is the ignition experience of an innovative two-year program that will redesign how students do Shabbat on campus. The program will catalyze a community of practice composed of Hillel professionals (that’s you!) and students from 10 diverse campuses, along with Shabbat innovators and national experts from outside the Hillel universe.
Launching at Dwell, we’ll begin to reimagine the Shabbat experience with the goal of reaching, inspiring, and resonating with more students. At Dwell, during your workshopSHABBAT experience, you’ll combine Jewish learning, prototyping and experimentation to craft new approaches to the campus Shabbat experience. You’ll leave Dwell as a part of a selective cohort of Hillel professionals from around the country who are committed to rethinking and redesigning Shabbat on campus, tasked with learning and growing as individual campuses, a networked learning community, and impacting campuses around the world. We’ll start with sending you home with connections, tools, materials, frameworks, and programmatic models to experiment with your students.
- Be the Shabbat/holiday “decision maker” on your campus, or enthusiastic support from the “decider.”
- Participation of at least two programming professionals from your Hillel, unless you're a solo pro (don’t worry, we understand!).
- Willingness to learn, experiment, play, and be creative.
- Participation in workshopSHABBAT: Campus Impact Program, a two-year experience that will include in-person gatherings, quarterly online , access to targeted funding, experts and consultant.
- Commitment to work with at least three student leaders in order to implement new approaches to designing Shabbat on campus throughout the program.
Facilitator: Alison Laichter