Full course description
Deadline to register: June 17, 2018
Questions? Email Hillelu@hillel.org
Are you a serial Jewish leader? Birthright, alternative break, engagement internship meetings, Shabbat dinners, and more? Not quite sure you’re an educator yet? So why not spice up your style to creatively engage your students with fresh, memorable techniques. Dive into this 6-month program, featuring a curriculum that dovetails the disciplines of psychotherapy, education, script writing, neuroscience, social work, and social entrepreneurship. This certificate program offers an incredible opportunity for active experimentation, personal introspection, and acquisition of key educational and leadership skills.
This experience will provide you with:
- Skills to create better experiential Jewish educational programs
- Ability to facilitate small groups in a more effective manner
- A deeper understanding of Intrinsic Motivation, along with tools and approaches to inspire students to be present, active and engaged
- Tools to create immersive programs such as retreats and alternative breaksTried and true methodologies for incorporating Jewish wisdom into your work
- A greater sense of confidence in your professional life
- You must have 1-4 years of work experience
- You cannot be part of another Hillel fellowship (i.e. Springboard and Ezra fellows are not eligible)
- You can attend all three seminars:
- Seminar 1: October 16-18, 2018- Location: TBD
- Seminar 2: Sunday-Monday before HIGA, December 9-10 – Denver, Colorado
- Seminar 3: March 3 - 5, 2019- Tarrytown, NY
- Your Hillel pays a $450 program fee, plus the cost of travel to and participation at HIGA. Once accepted, a $150 deposit from the campus is required in order to hold a spot, and the balance must be paid prior to the date of the first session. No payment is required at the time of the application. Payment is only required once an applicant is accepted.
- You pay a $50 program fee.
- You’re excited to devote 60-90 minutes per month of work with a pre-assigned mentor, and to complete a maximum of 3 hours per month of assignments related to practice what you’re learning.
- You’re excited to learn and s-t-r-e-t-c-h yourself!
- A team of Hillel and M2 professionals will review your application. You will be notified of a decision by July 26, 2018.