Full course description
This series is open to FIRST TIME BIRTHRIGHT STAFF. You are
required to participate in all 8 sessions.
Please be prepared to put your camera on, utilize a working microphone, and sit in a private place if that is your preference.
This 8-part series Birthright Staff Training: First Timers is focused on the logistics and educational content of a Birthright trip in an effort to give staff the necessary tools for success. When we say “tools”, we mean anything from facilitating an amazing ritual session to being confident in your role on the trip. The overall goal of this series is to better prepare staff to create a safe space for Birthright participants to explore Israel and their Jewish identity.
This session is for:
FIRST TIME BIRTHRIGHT STAFF
This session takes place:
Tuesdays @ 10am EST/ 7am PST or 12pm EST/ 9am PST
**This session occurs outside of regularly scheduled times.
- Logistics: Tuesday, March 19th
- What’s my role: Tuesday, March 26th
- ABQ 1: Tuesday, April 2nd
- **Big Israel Questions: Wednesday, April 3rd @ 12pm EST/ 9am PST ONLY
- ABQ 2: Tuesday, April 9th
- Ritual Innovation: Tuesday, April 16th
- NEW: Staff Training Bootcamp 4/24 @ 12pm EST/ 9am PST
- **Sexual Harassment Prevention and Mental Health: Monday, April 29th
- How to have difficult conversations: Tuesday, April 30th
Esther Abramowitz, Associate Vice President, Global Israel Experiences
Ali Gugerty, Associate Vice President for Immersive Israel Experiences
Jessica Lott, Associate Vice President, Hillel U
Charlie Schwartz, Director of Content Development
Ezra Korman, CEO of Makor
Participation in all Hillel U offerings should be agreed upon by the participant and their supervisor (unless the participant is a director).
Questions? Please contact HillelU@hillel.org